By default, Facebook seems to be the most exposed of all social media sites about user information. Fortunately, privacy is given to restrict this publicity. Only access your account privacy settings, perform some tweaks here and there, determine which details other users have access to.
The knowledge exposed in this article will help users who may want to keep their birthday from others. It’s great to get birthday wishes from friends and loved ones on your birthday. Similarly, not answering all those good wishes would be rude. It gets tricky if those good wishes were sent via private chat, saying a hundred friends, and you’d have to address them one by one.
To avoid this circumstance, one can prefer to prevent their friends from receiving updates for their birthday. Close friends will always remember your birthday and wish you well. The average person said at most 20 close friends, and most people shouldn’t have a problem answering 20 good wishes.
Prevent Facebook from notifying Friends About Your birthday
To stop all your friends having updates on your birthday, follow the measures presented below.
On Facebook App
- On your Facebook app, tap on the avatar icon at the top(Android) or bottom(iOS) to access your profile.
- Scroll down and tap “Edit profile“.
- Scroll down to the “Basic Info” section and tap “edit“.
- Tap on the drop-down arrow beside “Birthday” and set to “Only Me“.
- Set the “Birthyear” option to “Only Me” as well.
On Facebook Website
- Once logged onto Facebook via the Facebook website, visit your Timeline and click “About“.
- Select “Contact and Basic Info” in the left pane.
- Choose the “Only Me” option for “Birthday” and “Birth Year“.
This will delete your birth details from your profile and ensure that none of your friends get updates about your birthday.